Jul 28, 2008

Some things are too important to go uncommented upon.

Editor
The Dallas Morning News
Dallas, Texas 75201

July 27, 2008


Dear Sirs and Madams,

As a native Dallasite, I have had to put up with my fellow Texan's taunts that Dallas was really a carpet-bagging Yankee city all my life. While I would often agree that Dallas' northern suburbs certainly had an Eastern tinge to them, I nonetheless defended the honor of my native city as a truly Texian enterprise.

Alas, I fear that I can no longer make that defense for the Dallas Morning News. Looking in the restaurant section of the Week-End Guide, I couldn't help but notice you have dropped the entries for barbecue restaurants. I saw listings for any number of cuisines that would be comfortable in, and native to, Boston, Philadelphia, and Chicago, but nothing for Texas' best and most popular native dish.

Even poor bbq is better than no bbq.


Sincerely yours,

P.M. Summer

2 comments:

PM Summer said...

The DMN reinstated "Barbecue" as a heading in the Restaurant Guide.

The squeaky wheel gets grease (and cole slaw).

PM Summer said...

Two weeks later, it's gone again.

Carpetbaggers.